The Chester Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (CJATC) for the Electrical Indusrty offers a five (5) year apprenticeship to become a Journeyman Electrician. This committee is partnered through the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA). The apprenticeship program consists of 8,000 hours of on the job training, as well as 900 hours of classroom and lab training.
Applications will take place at our Union Hall:
3729 Chichester Ave., Boothwyn, PA 19061
Dates open for new applications:
Thursday – Jan. 5th & 19th, 2023 – 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday – Feb. 2nd & 16th, 2023 – 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday – Mar. 2nd & 16th, 2023 – 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Chester Joint Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship applications will once again be available online in 2023.
- Applications will be available to print online at any time but must be dropped off in the outside mailbox at the main doors of the hall between 11am and 4pm on the 6 scheduled dates only. Any applications dropped off outside of those dates and times will NOT be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- A $40.00 money order made out to "Chester JATC" must be provided with the application when it is dropped off. We cannot accept cash, checks, or credit cards.
- To enter the building and attend school, COVID-19 vaccines are required. Many jobsites are requiring vaccines as well. If you cannot submit a copy of your vaccine card within 60 days of your application date, you do not meet the requirements for apprenticeship.
- You will have 30 days from your application date to provide the following:
• A copy of your birth certificate
• A copy of your driver’s license
• An official high school transcript
*Copies can be mailed, put in our outside mailbox, or emailed to [email protected]
*Transcripts can be mailed or faxed directly from your high school. If you are bringing it yourself, it must be in a sealed envelope to be considered official
- You will have 60 days from your application date to provide a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card.
- You are welcome to provide any college/trade school transcripts or certificates, but they are not required.
- Following the submission of your application, you will be contacted with a date and time at which you are to take an entry level math test.
- So long as all the above requirements have been fulfilled, the CJATC will schedule you for an oral interview.
- If you are not currently employed in the electrical industry, it is highly recommended you seek employment with an electrical contractor.